How to Take Low Key Lighting Portraits
Low key lighting when taking portraits is an effective technique that can leave you with some beautiful images.
In this video Gavin Hoey explains how to set up a low key lighting portrait in a small home or portable studio. It really is achievable with a relatively simple setup.
If you give some low key lighting portraits a go we’d LOVE to see your results in comments below.
Further Low Key Lighting Portrait Reading
Interested in learning more? Here’s some tutorials in our archives on low key lighting.
- How to Create Dark Moody Low-Key Portraits with Minimal Gear
- Get an Invisible Black Background to Your Portraits – Shooting Anywhere
- Setting The Mood With Low Key Lighting
- Low-Key Lighting for Dramatic Portraits
- Low Key Lighting Portrait Example